Your marketing centerpiece is critical. Here are some reason why the time to invest in your website is now.
The majority of your visitors share these common characteristics. Here’s what you’re dealing with when someone visits your site, typically they:
- Have short attentions spans;
- Are Quick to Click away; and
- Possess “Need It Now” mentality!
The average website visitor has a reaction to a website based upon the function and attractiveness of the website in less than 20 seconds!
If you are not capturing the attention of your visitor quickly, and making it easy for them to find what they are looking for, you can assume the only “click” on your site will be the “X” in the right-hand corner.
3 attention grabbing ways to keep users on your website:
- Attractive home page that tells visitors they are in the right place: Keep them engaged with visuals and words that look great and tell them what you do and, as important, what to do next.
- Functional navigation from both a computer and mobile device: Make it simple for users to find what they are looking for with very little effort and use terminology that they understand.
- What We Do: Highlight your key practice area(s) so users can know they found what they are looking for. Use Google index friendly design characteristics to enhance search results (H1 headers, key search terms, profile images, et al.)
- Our Team: Many of your visitors are accessing the website to call or email a specific person at your firm. Ensure this is easy to do and automate the process for them (e.g., Search buttons, click to call/email, etc.)
- Contact Us: Again, make this process simple. Map your locations with landmarks. Identify key personnel by responsibility type.
- Support mobility: Stats say that over 50% of your visitors will access your site from a mobile device, so it is imperative to make it simple for them to do so.
There is nothing worse than a website that can’t be used from a phone.
For example, don’t you hate it when you have to:
- Resize the screen to view content that is too small to read…
- Fumble around on areas that you know you should be able to click, but can’t…
- Wait for images that refuse to load… and the list goes on!
Also, for firms that need/want leads based upon search results, with the coming Google indexing algorithm changes, your site MUST have a true mobile site, not just a watered down version of your desktop site.
There is no time like the present to take action to enhance your website.
Contact us to discuss our ideas, the potential cost and anticipated project timeline necessary to make it happen.
We specialize in supporting law firms and can get you on the right track without a significant investment of your time and budget.
The ProfessionalWORX Team
Considering a website update. Some thoughts below, all quick reads and contain several points that will likely apply to your project:
- You’ve decided you need to update your site, what now?
- Important considerations: Website Update Do’s…
- Important Considerations: Website Update Don’ts…
Read More Tips for Marketing Success Here: